- Shops close at night.
- Characters join. Instead of a traditional RPG guild where you select all of your characters at once, I’ve decided to make characters join you one at a time. You’ll talk to them like normal non-playable characters, except they ask to join you. You still get to name them and choose their classes.
- Cut scenes! These aren’t finished yet, but they’re pretty good. I have about 20 different commands in my little script language. Characters can walk around and talk to each other. I can change music, change backgrounds (which can be .bmp or a map), and make things fade in and out.
- New night..
- Some new sprites. We’re still working on this.
- There is now a setup program. It’s not for installing – rather, it is for toggling some basic settings. I decided to make this a separate program, rather than within the game. This way, if music always crashes the game on your system for some unknown reason, you can turn off the music without having to run the game (which you can’t run, in this hypothetical situation). The settings are just basic things that most people will never have to touch.
- The rest of your party now follows you around. I’m still perfecting this.
- Players and enemies will be able to get poisoned during battle.
- Night and rain sounds.
- Battle log text doesn’t always fit in the window.
- Party following you around is a little buggy at startup. I might also be able to layer them better.
- Sky / battle backgrounds / etc.
- Tweak night a little bit. Maybe it’s too dark, or maybe just the players should be brighter.
- Bosses. These will be a little different than random enemy attacks, because they will block your path.
- Need more NPC’s and doors per map. Well, maybe just doors.
- Cutscenes: music should loop, sounds should play, optional weather, night
- Abilities menu will show what your characters have with a brief description of what each ability does.