Here’s the most recent playable demo, from November 9th, 2009. It should run on any version of Windows. Please understand that this is a pre-release demo, so some of the graphics are preliminary placeholders. Download version 1692 here. (25.4 MB zip file)
Updates since version 1597:
- The game finally runs fullscreen. No more black border around the edge of the screen!
- Added a simple jump for the player (right mouse button).
- The player can only have one weapon equipped at a time now, because the other button is used to jump.
- The mouse scroll wheel can now be used to change weapons.
- Added the Eagle Feather item and several accessories.
- Added three new enemies: bee hive, jumping rock, and doppleganger. The graphics are preliminary placeholders for all three.
- Added nine new maps to feature the new enemies.
- Added a simple world map to the menu. It still needs a lot of work.
- Removed the minigame. There will be other minigames included later.
- New music for several of the areas.
- Various other small additions and fixes.
Partial list of known bugs in this version:
- Tree shadows cause visual glitches near the top and left sides of the screen.
- Some of the scrolling menus may leave visual trails/glitches.
- Jumping off a map may cause the game to freeze. This is rare.
- There are some weapon aiming issues that I need to fix.