I guess lately these blog posts have become a monthly thing, so I’ll just roll with that. Here are a few thoughts for this evening.
- I’ve been reconstructing the game at a lower resolution, and things are going well. The player can walk around, collide with walls, jump over stuff, etc. All with fewer pixels than before!
- Two of the big things missing right now are attacks and menus. Both of these are going to be improved in this version of the game, so they’re going to take a bit more work.
- Revamping the interface is a high priority. I’ve made some new font and window routines, and I’m really happy with the results so far. I’ve also put in a custom mouse cursor. I’ll probably do a HUD soon.
- We have an interesting idea to try for the mouse cursor / aiming, but it’ll be a while before I get to it.
- I’m thinking about starting a Twitter account for Artemis updates, but I’m not sure if anyone would actually read it. Right now I keep a personal log with brief notes for everything I do. I’m not even a big fan of Twitter, but my version notes look like tweets to me.